Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Discuss] - Final Dev Interview: Dave
Tongue 
Feel free to discuss it below!

Original article: http://frontwirestudios.com/developer-interview-david/
Useful Links: Support Center | Server Status | Community Guidelines
Ah so the sounds in Titanfall will be the same quality as those in GiT
So what do bi-weekly development blogs include?
[Image: g1Pk0Z]mrpood likes this[Image: g1Pk0Z]
(04-10-2017, 11:01 PM)mrpood Wrote: So what do bi-weekly development blogs include?

Mainly behind-the-scenes stuff. Expect to see a lot of editor footage in things such as Unreal Engine and the other 3D modelling and animation and etc. software our team uses. 

We're excited to be able to show even more of Galaxy in Turmoil to the public as we approach the demo release!

(04-10-2017, 10:58 PM)Swirly_Office_Chair Wrote: Ah so the sounds in Titanfall will be the same quality as those in GiT

Similar! David only worked on some of the menu sounds as he's a freelancer but his experience in the field and his work on other games will prove to be amazingly helpful in the development of Galaxy in Turmoil.
(04-11-2017, 01:04 AM)bUbir Wrote: Similar! David only worked on some of the menu sounds as he's a freelancer but his experience in the field and his work on other games will prove to be amazingly helpful in the development of Galaxy in Turmoil.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! I worked on a lot more than just the UI sounds on Titanfall 2. I also worked on some of the ambience, weapon reloads, weapon ADS, pilot abilities, titan abilities, player foley, NPC/enemy foley, and some other stuff I can't remember at the moment lol. 

But yes, I will be bringing my 8+ years of experience to this project and I hope to make it sound as amazing as possible. That being said, I won't be doing this alone. I have a dedicated group of sound designers that I will be directing and who also will be bringing their audio experience to this project. So, yes, there might be some similarities to Titanfall 2's audio but there will also be a lot of other stuff that might be done differently.
Audio Director
Frontwire Studios
(04-11-2017, 01:48 AM)Oirazan Wrote:
(04-11-2017, 01:04 AM)bUbir Wrote: Similar! David only worked on some of the menu sounds as he's a freelancer but his experience in the field and his work on other games will prove to be amazingly helpful in the development of Galaxy in Turmoil.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! I worked on a lot more than just the UI sounds on Titanfall 2. I also worked on some of the ambience, weapon reloads, weapon ADS, pilot abilities, titan abilities, player foley, NPC/enemy foley, and some other stuff I can't remember at the moment lol. 

But yes, I will be bringing my 8+ years of experience to this project and I hope to make it sound as amazing as possible. That being said, I won't be doing this alone. I have a dedicated group of sound designers that I will be directing and who also will be bringing their audio experience to this project. So, yes, there might be some similarities to Titanfall 2's audio but there will also be a lot of other stuff that might be done differently.

I appreciate the correction, as it is only for the better Tongue
This all sounds so exciting, cant wait!!!!!! Big Grin
Can't wait for GiT Big Grin Tongue
They should have asked him about how sound will work in space and between the transition from ground to space.
I'm really happy to read this, especially because I happen to love Titanfall 2!