Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
An early Easter egg - Decryption challenge
Hey everyone, I've made up a little challenge for you, it's all about data hidden in an image. The reward will be the nice and warm feeling of having solved this (only there for people who really solved it and weren't told the solution) and maybe some special information (that's..... Also For those who were told the solution. Disclaimer: does not contain real leaks, but some special talks) 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/2...41/egg.png 

This is a twitter egg, like it was a default profile picture up until a few days ago. This specific one is slightly modified to conceal a short message, following which should lead you to the treasure. 

Below some information which are needed for deciphering (I couldn't think of a *reliable* way to do it without those information) 
Offset: 1604
Multiplicator: 64

And some hints that might help you
"It's hidden in plain sight. Think about tube TVs. The most basic text encoding for computers. Position it, then it becomes clear."

Aand that's it, good luck in solving it (and have fun) - we'll meet at the end of the challenge!

Ps: I've initially thought to post this on Easter, but in the end I couldn't hold it back any longer, here is the challenge! 

Pps: discussion is highly appreciated, but don't expect any more hints from me. Please also use spoilers in case you are posting anything that others might not want to see (partial solutions, hints, etc) oh and, don't share the real solution.

Appendix: any computational help is allowed, as well as recommended. Oh if someone is able to write a program to decipher such an image <3 <3 <3 (i myself used a trick, I didn't modify the image directly, just let a script generate the ImageMagick command)
EGGS IN GIT CONFIRMED!!!
[Image: XZH74k]mrpood likes this[Image: XZH74k]
(04-05-2017, 09:11 PM)mrpood Wrote: EGGS IN GIT CONFIRMED!!!

Actually, no. 

I cannot possibly deny nor confirm the existence of eggs in git.
Appendix: any computational help is allowed, as well as recommended. Oh if someone is able to write a program to decipher such an image <3 <3 <3 (i myself used a trick, I didn't modify the image directly, just let a script generate the ImageMagick command)
(04-05-2017, 09:18 PM)GUENSTIG_WERBEN Wrote: Appendix: any computational help is allowed, as well as recommended. Oh if someone is able to write a program to decipher such an image <3 <3 <3 (i myself used a trick, I didn't modify the image directly, just let a script generate the ImageMagick command)

[Image: egg.png]
I SOLVED IT (no idea what it means)
I've done a bit of manipulation and have found absolutely nothing. Anyway here's something that may or may not help you in some way ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Just a bit of random information here: The image is 400x400. The dots appear to be arranged in columns with 15 pixel spaces between each.  There do not appear to be actual rows-- there is no consistent spacing between the dots vertically and there is only one dot per row. There are 25 columns and 26 dots.

[Image: fMowgxA.png]
leave me alone
(04-05-2017, 10:53 PM)Half_Life_3 Wrote: I've done a bit of manipulation and have found absolutely nothing. Anyway here's something that may or may not help you in some way ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Just a bit of random information here: The image is 400x400. The dots appear to be arranged in columns with 15 pixel spaces between each.  There do not appear to be actual rows-- there is no consistent spacing between the dots vertically and there is only one dot per row. There are 25 columns and 26 dots.

[Image: fMowgxA.png]
Might be a number to letter cypher. Try taking the dot column numbers and transfer them to letters.

Okay so I tried that... didn't work. Any other ideas? xD
Something like a tube tv
[Image: XZH74k]mrpood likes this[Image: XZH74k]
OK, I'll help you a bit. Appearantly there are multiple dots in the same column but that is rather an effect of the high multiplier than anything intentional. In fact, count every pixel as one column and row (400 columns, 400 rows)
[Image: dva_bunny_logo_by_deeptriviality-da3x98r.png]

I've solved it! it's this